Policies and Conditions
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- images of you;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card details;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses]. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Last update: 01/10/2020
THE FUTURE: We are getting ready to launch the online store in 2020.
Free Shipping: We currently offer Free Shipping for online orders over $150 on non-bulky items shipped within Australia. This applies to items with an individual gross volumetric shipping weight below 10kg and dimensions no greater than 1m in any direction. Free shipping cannot be provided for some remote and rural areas of Australia. Resonator Music reserves the right to charge shipping for any order that is in a remote or rural area.
Freight charges will be automatically calculated and displayed at checkout. If items qualify for free shipping this will be displayed accordingly on the checkout screen. Free shipping does not apply to items that are not purchased directly online including trade sales, special order items etc.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based, for example, drum kits that have more than one box. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full kg.
Dispatch timeframes: Orders placed before 11:00 am for in-stock items will generally be dispatched same business day. Orders placed after 11:00 am will generally be dispatched next business day. If you have an urgent order requiring dispatch please contact us.
Shipping timeframes: Shipping timeframes are subject to the services of our freight providers. The following estimated timeframes typically apply for delivery of standard (non-bulky) items to east coast metropolitan areas.
- Standard shipping: approx. 2-5 business days*
- Express shipping: approx. 1-2 business days*
- Courier delivery – Northern Rivers only: same day (contact us for pricing and to book)
*allow additional time in peak periods
If you require an item urgently or for a specific deadline, please contact us so we can confirm shipping timeframes to your address and fast track your order.
Please note: we are unable to guarantee delivery timeframes as delivery remains out of our control once an item has left our store. We have been advised that small additional delays may occur due to extra precautions our freight companies Australia Post and Fastway are taking due to the coronavirus outbreak. For updates please see their websites for details.
Tracking: All deliveries are trackable online with the relevant shipping provider. You should receive tracking information via email with 24 hours of your order being shipped. If you wish to check to track information please contact us.
Receiving your delivery: All deliveries require a signature on delivery by default. We strongly suggest providing a business address, or an address where someone will be present to sign for the delivery.
- For large items (shipped by our freight providers Fastway, StarTrack, TNT or Toll) we generally require a business address. Additional charges may apply for re-delivery if someone is not present to receive the delivery.
- For smaller items (shipped via Australia Post and Fastway), if you are not present to receive and sign for the delivery these will be returned to the nearest Australia Post outlet for collection. A notification card will be left by the delivery company.
Please note: If you elect to have an item delivered to you via a method that does not require a signature on delivery (e.g. Safe Drop) we are not able to guarantee the delivery or insure your item and you do so at your own risk and liability.
Shipping costs: Prices on our website do not include shipping costs. For items purchased online, shipping costs will be calculated at checkout. For all other purchases please contact us and we will provide a shipping quote for you. Please enter your address details carefully as redelivery or items that are returned to us via ‘return to sender’ due to incorrect address information will result in additional delivery charges.
Please note: we currently ship online orders within Australia only.
If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com
Or call us 02 66811576
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, you will need:
- the original receipt;
- your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, with no marks, damage or signs of use.
- Sealed packaging must be the original packaging, and have seals intact and unbroken.
- It must also be in the original packaging, manuals and paperwork with all included accessories.
- All plastic protection must still be in place. So the item can be resold.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as git cards, or items that present a health & hygiene risk cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Health & hygiene risk items (eg. Earplugs, mouthpieces, headphones)
- Downloadable software products
- Discontinued, b-stock, scratch & dent/damaged, open box
- Specifically, customer ordered, or custom made for you (ie. Non-stocked items)
- Items purchased using Afterpay
- Items purchased using Studio19
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to 26, Boeing, Avenue, Ballina, NSW, 2478, Australia.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 26, Boeing, Avenue, Ballina, NSW, 2478, Australia.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
This website (Site) is operated by Resonator Music & Tuition. It is available at: www.resonatormusic.com and may be available through other addresses or channels.
Variations: We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary these Terms by publishing the varied terms on our Site. We recommend you check our Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our current terms. Materials and information on this Site (Content) are subject to change without notice. We do not undertake to keep our Site up-to-date and we are not liable if any Content is inaccurate or out-of-date.
Licence to use our Site: We grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use our Site in accordance with these Terms. All other uses are prohibited without our prior written consent.
Prohibited conduct: You must not do or attempt to do anything: that is unlawful; prohibited by any laws applicable to our Site; which we would consider inappropriate; or which might bring us or our Site into disrepute, including (without limitation):
(a) anything that would constitute a breach of an individual’s privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other legal rights;
(b) using our Site to defame, harass, threaten, menace or offend any person;
(c) interfering with any user using our Site;
(d) tampering with or modifying our Site, knowingly transmitting viruses or other disabling features, or damaging or interfering with our Site, including (without limitation) using trojan horses, viruses or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with our Site;
(e) using our Site to send unsolicited email messages; or
(f) facilitating or assisting a third party to do any of the above acts.
Exclusion of competitors: You are prohibited from using our Site, including the Content, in any way that competes with our business.
Information: The Content is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. It does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances, and it is not advice. While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Content, we make no representation or warranty in relation to it, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Intellectual Property rights: Unless otherwise indicated, we own or licence all rights, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in our Site and all of the Content. Your use of our Site and your use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer to you any rights, title or interest in relation to our Site or the Content. You must not:
(a) copy or use, in whole or in part, any Content;
(b) reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any Content to any third party; or
(c) breach any intellectual property rights connected with our Site or the Content, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of the Content, causing any of the Content to be framed or embedded in another website or platform, or creating derivative works from the Content.
User Content: You may be permitted to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit relevant information and content (User Content) on our Site. By making available any User Content on or through our Site, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content, with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, communicate, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, or otherwise exploit such User Content on, through or by means of our Site.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through our Site. You represent and warrant that:
(a) you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content (as contemplated by these Terms); and
(b) neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Site will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
We do not endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, any User Content. We may, at any time (at our sole discretion), remove any User Content.
Third party sites: Our Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not control, endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, the content on those websites. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those websites.
Discontinuance: We may, at any time and without notice to you, discontinue our Site, in whole or in part. We may also exclude any person from using our Site, at any time and at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for any Liability you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
Warranties and disclaimers: To the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no representations or warranties about our Site or the Content, including (without limitation) that:
(a) they are complete, accurate, reliable, up-to-date and suitable for any particular purpose;
(b) access will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses; or
(c) our Site will be secure.
You read, use and act on our Site and the Content at your own risk.
Limitation of liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any loss, damage or expense, howsoever arising, whether direct or indirect and/or whether present, unascertained, future or contingent (Liability) suffered by you or any third party, arising from or in connection with your use of our Site and/or the Content and/or any inaccessibility of, interruption to or outage of our Site and/or any loss or corruption of data and/or the fact that the Content is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date.
Indemnity: To the maximum extent permitted by law, you must indemnify us, and hold us harmless, against any Liability suffered or incurred by us arising from or in connection with your use of our Site or any breach of these Terms or any applicable laws by you. This indemnity is a continuing obligation, independent from the other obligations under these Terms, and continues after these Terms end. It is not necessary for us to suffer or incur any Liability before enforcing a right of indemnity under these Terms.
Termination: These Terms are effective until terminated by us, which we may do at any time and without notice to you. In the event of termination, all restrictions imposed on you by these Terms and limitations of liability set out in these Terms will survive.
Disputes: In the event of any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms (Dispute), the party claiming there is a Dispute must give written notice to the other party setting out the details of the Dispute and proposing a resolution. Within 7 days after receiving the notice, the parties must, by their senior executives or senior managers (who have the authority to reach a resolution on behalf of the party), meet at least once to attempt to resolve the Dispute or agree on the method of resolving the Dispute by other means, in good faith. All aspects of every such conference, except the fact of the occurrence of the conference, will be privileged. If the parties do not resolve the Dispute, or (if the Dispute is not resolved) agree on an alternate method to resolve the Dispute, within 21 days after receipt of the notice, the Dispute may be referred by either party (by notice in writing to the other party) to litigation.
Severance: If a provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable. If it is not possible to read down a provision (in whole or in part), that provision (or that part of that provision) is severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms.
Jurisdiction: Your use of our Site and these Terms are governed by the laws of [New South Wales, Australia]. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in [New South Wales] and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waive any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts.
Our Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that our Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access our Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction where you access our Site.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Resonator Music & Tuition is a trading name of Ballina Music Pty Ltd.
Last update: 01/10/2020
Conditions of Enrolment
- All enrolment must be submitted online via our website or in person with a Resonator Music & Tuition (RM) staff.
- An enrolment becomes valid and lessons can commence upon payment (Package or Subscription) confirmation of lesson placement by Resonator Music & Tuition (RM) administration.
- Enrolment is continuing for the whole calendar year.
- RM schedules of lessons will be available online since 2020 and it is the responsibility of parents/carers/student to ensure that they have paid the enrolment fee, which is a package or subscription purchasing.
- In those cases where a student is undecided/unsure about commencing study in a particular instrument, a 30-minute casual lesson can be arranged with an appropriate tutor to discuss the student’s needs and aspirations. This is charged at the casual lesson rate.
- The enrolment fee is payable per 10 weeks term by every student enrolled.
- Resonator Music offers 2 types of payments: PACKAGE which is a full rate payment, and SUBSCRIPTION which is a weekly payment fee for 10 weeks.
- In the event of financial hardship, please contact the office to discuss payment plans and/or apply for fee assistance.
- If the student doesn’t turn up for the lesson, the student will lose any unused time.
- Students may only re-enrol if a new package or subscription is paid.
- Payment schedule implemented; in this case it may not be possible to provide the student with the same lesson time, day or teacher.
- Payment can be paid by cash, eftpos, paypal, credit or debit card.
Delivery of Lessons
- All lessons are conducted by qualified teachers in their field of expertise. All staff have a valid Working With Children (WWC) check.
- Scheduling could not follow the New South Wales School term calendar.
- Lessons begin and end promptly at the designated time.
- Group lessons are performed accordingly to student’s ability and may change, depending on student’s program.
- RM must be informed of all absences, cancellations or rescheduling lessons within 24 hours’ notice where possible, by phone, SMS, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credits or refunds are not given for missed lessons, unless due to tutor absence.
- If the student doesn’t pay and book the 10-weeks term, Resonator Music cannot reserve the right to keep the time slot available for a particular student.
Change of Teacher
- RM reserves the right to supply a substitute tutor if the original tutor is unavailable.
- If the instructor is unable to teach the schedule lesson, then the student will be taught by a replacement instructor or that lesson will be credited to the following term.
- Two weeks’ notification is required for any withdrawal and must be given in writing to the RM office.
Failure to give two weeks notice will incur a 10% as a cancellation fee of the full charge of the paid term.
- RM reserves the right to review and implement changes to fees at any time.
- Our tutors reserve the right to discontinue lessons where student behaviour or attitude is deemed inappropriate.
- The parent/guardian of the child or the adult student authorises Resonator Music & Tuition to use image or recording of the student in a photo, film and/or audio recording and/or use the student’s work sample for promotional use only.
- Payment of fees implies your acceptance of RM terms and conditions and your agreement to abide by this terms and conditions.